Claims Handler - Galway
Claims Handler job available in Galway with my client who are a leading supplier of personal and travel insurance products and services. This job supports Customers in completing insurance claims. Excellent Customer service and attention to detail are required. This role is a Monday to Friday working week and 1 years prevuious claimes/insurance experience is required. Insurance Claims Handler
- Our company is a market leader in providing claims handling services, assistance services and speciality risk products.
- We currently have a vacancy for an experienced insurance Claims Handler in our Travel Claims Department.
- The Claims Handler role is at the forefront of the claims business and requires an individual to be able to demonstrate considerable flexibility and commitment.
- Promote and ensure top quality technical claims handling to ensure Company targets are consistently met, thus ensuring our customers are provided with a first class service.
- The Claims Handler must have a minimum of 1 years previous experience working in an insurance claims environment, and full APA accreditation is a distinct advantage for this role. Working hours are Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
- Achieve full APA accreditation through the III
- Handle customer enquiries politely, meeting standards of customer service excellence in accordance with the KPIs set by the Team Leader and Claims Team Manager
- Register new claims, provide advice on the claim processes involved; collecting all relevant information to proceed with a claim
- Assess and decision claims including payments and declines ensuring Consumer Protection Code is adhered to at all times
- Ensure fair settlement of valid claims
- Give advice on policy coverage
- Handle any complaints associated with a claim
- Investigate potentially fraudulent claims
- Identify and follow up on all recovery avenues
- Complete all administrative and filing duties
- Register and authorise Outpatient Medical Claims
- Pull together the work necessary to allow more complex cases to be decided upon and actioned, after technical or specialist input
- Liaise with various internal departments
- Make a positive input to the teams effectiveness, so that work systems and processes are altered and improved.
- Adhere to the Companys procedures in accordance with the Consumer Protection Code and all relevant Data Protection regulations
- Provide back-up and support to other Operations functions as required
- This is not an exhaustive list and we expect the person to demonstrate their individuality and innovativeness and use any particular skills as the need arise.
What we offer in return:
- The successful candidate must have achieved or be working towards APA qualification
- Minimum of 1 years claims experience required
- Ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution. Commitment to continuous learning.
- Technical knowledge of typical travel insurance products a distinct advantage.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the insurance market, the basic insurance principles and the ability to apply them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good planning and organisation skills in order to meet timescales.
- Good numerical skills and literacy skills including Microsoft Office suite
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the Apply button or for a confidential conversation call our team on 091 507500. Visit www.cpljobs.com for more Insurance jobs.
- A competitive & progressive salary
- Several annual and monthly monetary recognition rewards
- Service recognition rewards
- Genuine opportunity to develop & advance within the company via paid further educational opportunities and becoming a member of a recognised professional body
- Structured roster for shift work notified weeks in advance
- A fun working environment & culture that promotes collaboration and initiative-taking
- Social outings and social clubs
- City centre location working for a large global company
- Other benefits that become realised with service