CNC Machine Tool Automation Application Engineer– South West of Ireland based.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Increasingly, the machine tool solutions which our client supplies and supports are equipped with various levels of automation from basic to very high-level, including robotics, material handling systems, PLC interfaces to external equipment and software control systems. The role of the CNC Machine Tool Automation Application Engineer is to take responsibility for all automation aspects of relevant machine tool projects, from original design, specification and customer proposal through to implementation and support. As the CNC machine tool itself is an integral part of the cell, you will also work with CNC machine tools, with support from other CNC Machine Tool Application Engineers and Service engineers and, over time, gain experience and proficiency on all aspects of a CNC Machine Tool Automated Cell.
Extensive travel to customer sites throughout Ireland is involved, and to a lesser extent to customer sites in the North of Ireland. Some travel abroad is also required for training purposes and occasionally but rarely for customer support work. Where possible and depending on customer requirements, work is scheduled to reduce travel requirements and to keep the Application engineer within his primary support area.
Additional responsibilities include:
Where appropriate, taking responsibility for management of escalated technical problems which require liaising between customers, the Service Division and the company's principals.
• Promoting the company and its products by gaining customers’ confidence through the competent and successful implementation of projects and by the intelligent and constructive promotion of solutions to meet customer requirements.
• Being commercially minded by keeping records of your timekeeping and of your work carried out, through the preparation of time reports for internal and external chargeout purposes where applicable.
• Observing the company’s safety procedures and keeping safety as a priority in all work activities, including where driving company vehicles during the course of your work.
• Observing customer safety instructions while at customer premises.
We seek an enthusiastic, honest, hardworking, capable person, who has completed an Electronics/Mechatronics Degree or 3rd level qualification and who has experience working with robotics, automation and perhaps also CNC machine tools, and who wishes to apply his/her experience in the area of CNC machine tools. While a large element of work will be based in the South-West (primarily Cork) the successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel around the country and to work independently.
You should be highly motivated and enjoy continuous learning, working independently and at times under pressure on a wide variety of machinery. As you represent the company with customers, you must be highly professional in all aspects of your work.
For the successful candidate our client will provide excellent training and a good career in this high-technology sector.
During the first year, you will work alongside experienced Application Engineers during machine set-up and programming at customer sites, as part of a comprehensive training program.
The ideal candidate would possess some or many of the following qualifications and experience and be keen to develop in areas where those skills need development .
• Electronic/Mechatronic/Robotics/Automation qualification and/or experience. CNC Machine Tool Operation experience
• CNC programming on CNC Mills, CNC lathes with Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain, Mitsubishi CNC controls.
• Parametric programming
• CadCam experience in, for example, Solidworks, Hypermill, MasterCam, Esprit, Siemens NX
• Understanding of PLC / CNC machine ladder diagrams
• Experience in programming of robots, ideally Fanuc, but other makes considered.
• Experience with selection, machining of appropriate workholding and fixturing
• Fitting and strong mechanical aptitude/experience
• Full clean driver’s licence
• Available to travel abroad for training and infrequent applications engineer work.
• Strong PC skills
Competitive, based on experience. Expenses, non-contributory pension. Company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone will be provided.