A super new role for an Electrical Engineer to work on the design through to roll out of global power plant construction as part of a multidisciplined Engineering Team.
You will: -
- Provide conceptual & detailed preliminary designs for Electrical & Grid Engineering components for power plant Development & Pre-Construction project & review technical design packages in RFQs
- Drafting of designs for new technologies & assist the procurement team & construction contractors in technical content discussions.
- Review of site documentation & during any site inspections.
- Technical collection & editing of Global Development stds including all team ISO 9001 documentation, Eng. design guidelinesdWork with procurement & Quality Assurance in procurement of Electrical & Grid Engineering stds (ISO, SANS) & share respective engineering stds globally.
- Share in review of Electrical & Grid Engineering services (MV cable designs, substation layouts, overhead line specifications, Grid studies, energy losses reports, etc.)
- Review project info & provide technical content on projects
- Participate in assessment of green-field & acquisition opportunity projects in new markets.
- Give technical input into Electrical H&S for Global Electrical Safety Committee
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, utility & grid companies, etc. both locally & overseas as required.
- International & national travel to new markets to inspect new project sites, landing areas for offshore wind farms, etc.
- Provision of associated detailed & professional Engineering site visit reports; & liaison with fellow Engineering team members for inputs.
Skills & Experience
- MSc Engineering (B.Eng.) in Electrical Engineering with min 4 years' experience in design & development of generating facilities & 3 year's asset operation exp .
- Be registered to 'Engineers Ireland'
- Attend local & international meetings, training etc & eventually travel up to 50% in a month.
A super salary and benefits package is available