A Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Packaging operations is required for our leading pharmaceutical client company in Cork.
* Leads the day-to-day activities of a team of Engineering and maintenance personnel which shall include external contractors in addition to internal line reports.
* Works across organizational, cultural and geographic boundaries to optimize company strategic approach to use of Packaging technology
* Supports introduction and integration of new technologies (e.g. Aggregation, Blister & device packaging) and\or new processes, as needed & support delivery of the business goals.
* Coordinates the specification, installation, utilization, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for solid dose and vial products.
* Supports the development and execution of the strategic vision for Engineering in the Packaging area.
* Supports the management activities at third party sites, including providing overall technical support;
* Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
* Provides leadership and direction to engineers and contractors and provides technical guidance and training to junior group members.
* Responsible for personnel management to select, develop and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function & conducts or co-ordinates training and performance reviews.
* Prepares project plans and manages small to medium sized projects to successful and timely completion. Provides expertise to the team and functional areas to anticipate, identify and resolve complex Engineering/Technology issues in compliance with codes.
* Supports the Continuous Improvement process by passionately seeking ways to improve Engineering processes and performance.
* 5 years of relevant experience in a GMP environment related field and a BS.
* Proven Packaging technology experience
* The candidate should have collaboration and leadership experience and be able to influence and cooperate with cross functional peers.
* Demonstrates knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging process.
* Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Please call Diarmuid Buckley today for further information on 021- 4355432 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the life sciences, ICT, engineering, food and agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.