Engineering Technician - County Sligo
Our client seeks an Engineering Technician for a 12 months fixed-term contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the performance of day to day preventative and demand maintenance activity to maintain manufacturing and utility equipment. You will liaise with Production to ensure equipment performance is maximised, maintain records and documentation on relevant Engineering Procedures and preventative/ demand maintenance, and liaise with internal/external Engineering Personnel and contract maintenance providers in maintaining, troubleshooting, and installing/commissioning equipment. You will also facilitate the implementation of equipment projects.
• Demand maintenance of manufacturing/utility equipment.
• Completion of PM’s on manufacturing/utility equipment.
• Documentation of PM’s and Work Orders on the Maximo CMMS system.
• Troubleshooting equipment issues.
• Support investigations on product quality issues where equipment performance needs to be assessed.
• Ensure site safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to.
• Implementation of equipment/process upgrades in an environment of continuous improvement.
• Support production in ensuring that manufacturing equipment is maintained to meet the output and yield requirements.
• Comply with all site GMP requirements.
• Ensure successful Regulatory, Division and Corporate audits.
• Supervise external contractors.
• Provide out of hours on call support as per the on call rota.
• Support the site Maintenance Excellence Programme to meet all requirements.
Interested applicants should have:
• Electrical or Mechanical trade qualification or a Diploma in a relevant engineering discipline.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant industry in a similar position.
• Detailed functional knowledge of wide range of manufacturing equipment is required. Equipment such as : Tablet Coaters, Tablet Press, Capsule Filling, Single Pot Processors, Dry Granulators, Fluid Bed Dryers, Blenders, Isolators, Purified water systems, Air Handling Units.
• Strong IT knowledge is required.
• Strong troubleshooting and documentation skills