Head of Quality - Dublin.
In this role you will be responsible for leading and managing an efficient and effective Quality function, ensuring systems, processes and standards are developed, implemented and improved to deliver Right First Time product to customers.
• Lead, manage and provide direction to a team of Quality Engineers and Technicians, ensuring they are fully engaged, motivated and enable to perform their role to the highest standards.
• Drive and promote a culture of Quality excellence and continuous improvement across the organisation.
• Ensure high levels of compliance to company standards through an effective auditing system.
• Manage and develop a robust Quality Management System to ensure right first-time product is delivered to customers
• Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to QA/QC
• Develop and improve the QMS, ISO 9001, and identify any additional systems that would be of benefit to the company
• Develop and deliver a programme of continuous improvement initiatives that delivers on Quality and organisational objectives, on time, accurate and complete and with ability to implement sustained change in a structured, methodical and controlled manner
• Develop and implement effective auditing strategy to identify any weaknesses in the current system, and drive appropriate and effective corrective and preventive actions throughout the company in response to audit
• Develop and deliver measurable, meaningful, motivational metrics to measure the quality of products and the efficiency of the Quality System, and ensure communication, understanding, and use of these metrics throughout the company.
Interested applicants should have:
• Educational/Professional qualification in Quality Engineering
• At least 10 years’ experience in a similar Quality management role
• Experience in Manufacturing and/or Engineering related industry, with knowledge of Manufacturing Quality Management systems, understanding of specifications, gauge certification, capability analysis, data and defect analysis, variance reduction
• Comprehensive knowledge of ISO 9001
• Knowledge of Lean; Six Sigma & TQM methodology and application of same
• Strong evidence of delivering results in Quality and continuous improvement initiatives
• Proven ability to manage teams of direct reports and cross-functional project workers
• Hands-on, able to work in the detail and also take a strategic view
• Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to managers and colleagues.
• Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level
• Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills
• High levels of energy and drive for results