Injection Moulding Engineer - South Dublin.
The purpose of this position is to manage the completion of complete multiple moulding projects within the engineering function from concept to completion.
• Ensure the moulding engineering work is completed in a compliant manner (both execution and documentation) as per FDA & ISO requirements.
• Provide detailed project specifications, drawings, procedures, tender documents and where applicable comply with site GMP procedures.
• Design-in health, safety and environmental best practice into each project and ensure that all project work is completed in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
• Provide detailed justifications for projects and subsequently provide management to these projects in terms of leadership, time, costs and reporting.
• Prepare capital requests. Ensure that all purchasing activities are carried out in accordance with purchasing policies.
• Maintain spending records for individual projects against budget; ensure that the data is supported by the Finance Department.
• Provide input on new or alternate materials for cost reduction or moulding improvements.
• Supervision of contractors associated with project work.
• Ensure that project work is completed with minimal disruption and is fully integrated into the operational areas (including procedures, training, etc).
• Promote an environment of Continuous Improvement and Innovation in line with Lean Thinking and Process Excellence.
• Ful utilisation of all current and new IT / processing systems
• Execute key processes such as (but not limited to) FAT, SAT, PD, DOE, IQ, OQ & PQ
• Actively interface with cross-functional team members, always practicing good teamwork in support of day to day operating requirements.
• Liaising with and build relationships with key suppliers as required.
Interested applicants should be educated to degree level in Polymer Engineering, Precision Engineering or related field. Should have at least 5-8 years’ experience working within a similar moulding role, with at least 2 years of this experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical, or other regulated industry.
Should also ideally have proven people management skills with strong influencing abilities e.g. indirect people management such as key stakeholders during the lifecycle of a project. Proven ability to organise and drive cross-functional participation in the project lifecycle as well as the ability to deliver projects from concept through to full completion.