Mechanical Design Engineer - Dublin.
Our client seeks to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established engineering team. The successful candidate will be focused on design, development and qualification of valves and related hardware. Previous experience working with valves is desirable. The successful candidate will work closely with fellow Engineers, as well as Program Managers and Technicians as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be involved in the complete product development cycle, from initial specification through to final qualification and supply to the customer.
The main project engineering duties and responsibilities are as follows. The successful candidate will focus on those tasks which suit their background/skillset, and will receive engineering contributions/expertise from other team members as required:
• Produce conceptual designs and develop these into detailed engineering design solutions.
• Conduct engineering analysis, sizing, calculations and materials selection.
• Generate 3D CAD models, and engineering detail drawings of components and assemblies.
• Create technical specifications, procedures and reports in line with quality and customer requirements.
• Generate analytical models, formulate predictions of development test results
• Troubleshoot test results, provide analytical correlations and updating analysis models, design/predict further tests
• Take ownership of new applications, performance issues or technology limitations and develop engineering solutions.
• Manage product testing and qualification activities.
• Liaise with Program Managers to compile schedules, prioritise tasks, and strive to achieve project goals and deadlines.
• Work closely with others as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Minimum Requirements for this role:
Honours Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic, Aeronautical, Design or similar Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years' relevant industrial experience is desired.
Recent graduates with a strong academic record and demonstrated capability for engineering design may be considered, for example from a relevant MEng. or MSc. program.
Candidates must have a proven experience working within an established mechanical engineering product development cycle. Candidates should have experience with some or all of the following functions:
• Application of engineering physics to achieve design objectives
• Mechanical Design, 3D CAD Design
• Generation of Manufacturing Drawings, application of dimensional and geometric tolerancing
• Generation of engineering calculation files, maintenance and update of these files throughout the development cycle
• Engineering structural analysis and test
• Direct familiarity with valve or other fluid control product design and development is not essential but will be a distinct advantage, covering the areas of :
o Valve Design and Sizing (sealing, pressure drop, actuation forces, general force balance, etc.)
o Magnetic Circuit Design
o Thermodynamic Design
o Use of standard test instrumentation, fittings and equipment
• Experience with the following programs, or an industry equivalent program is desirable :
o CAD – PTC Creo (Pro/Engineer)
o Analysis – ANSYS
o Control and Data Acquisition - LabVIEW
A key skill in this role is good practical engineering judgement with attention to detail and a focus on accuracy. The successful candidate should demonstrate past performance in structured problem solving and a competence in developing creative and innovative solutions. Strong interpersonal skills are important, as is an ability to readily communicate with other departments, intra-company personnel, customers and suppliers.