NB: This company is still actively recruiting during theCovid19 Crisis and where applicable are setting up new starters to work from home/conducting interviews via Skype. Microbiologist | Galway City Location:
Galway City Responsibilities of the job:
- Consult on quality and microbiological issues, support problem solving and resolution, and provide quality management advice and counsel to customers for related laboratory testing needs.
What we would like you to have:
- Owns and maintains the microbiology environmental monitoring program
- Review and trending of Environmental Control testing (water/air/surface microbial) of controlled areas within the plant according to documented procedures.
- Oversees the investigation and review of alert and action limit investigations as needed and implements corrective action as appropriate.
- Provide technical guidance/ trouble shooting in the event of equipment failure, NCEs or out of specification results.
- Participate in the investigation of laboratory investigations as needed and implements corrective action as appropriate
- Support new product introductions by participating as the microbiology functional team member.
- Participate in cleaning and process validation activities involving microbiology as needed.
- Final review and approval of protocols, reports, SOP’s etc.
- Microbiology representation and participation in cross functional site meetings.
- Participate in regulatory Inspections
- Proactively identifies and implements improvements and lean initiatives.
- A degree in Microbiology or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in microbiology experience in a regulated environment
- Experience in an FDA-regulated environment preferred
- Knowledge of Quality Systems Regulations, ISO guidelines and good laboratory practices
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Thorough knowledge in the external regulatory requirements (QSR, ISO, EN) in the following subjects: microbial environmental monitoring, contamination control, and quality assurance.
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Microbiologist, please contact Aaron Long at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 749 264 | E:firstname.lastname@example.org Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.