Moulding Technician - South Dublin.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting multiple moulding projects within the engineering function from concept to completion.
Key aspects of role:
• To install, modify and maintain new equipment introduction in moulding.
• To continuously improve the new cell introduction within the function before hand-over.
• Fine-tuning moulding & plant equipment to increase output in project phase.
• Reducing downtime and reducing waste during hand-over.
• To work to the highest engineering standards.
• To carry out mould overhauls as required & complete in-press repairs while in project / handover phase.
• To assist in the complete validation of new and existing equipment including acceptance trials, debugging etc.
• Supervision of contractors associated with project work.
• To liaise with vendors, suppliers and local engineering shops.
• To assist with the training of other technicians, new recruits and apprentices as required.
• To fully participate in companywide continuous improvement initiatives, working in teams as required and utilising appropriate quality tools as applicable.
• Assist in key processes such as FAT, SAT, PD, DOE, IQ, OQ, PQ.
• Full utilisation of all current and new IT / processing systems e.g. SAP.
• To maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping to ensure area, machines and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean condition. Correct and/or report unsafe conditions and other faults.
Interested applicants should hold the National Craft Certificate in Toolmaking or a similar skilled craft in the mechanical area. A 3rd level qualification and/or relevant experience is also desirable.
You should have a minimum of 5 years' industrial experience in moulding/tooling , preferably in the medical/pharmaceutical industry. The ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential and the ability to work as part of a team as well as on your initiative.