Operations Project Leader - South Dublin.
In this role you will lead operational project activities through timely planning, project management and communication. Ensure that the Operations functional goals are delivered on time and to the right quality. Work with other functional team members to own the product and project deliverables as per project contract. Ensure key stakeholders are kept up to date and are aware of any issues, risks and mitigations.
• Represent the operations function on the project core team to deliver all industrialisation-related elements within the project.
• Accountability for overall industrialisation success of the product and successful product introduction
• Regularly check alignment to the TPP (Target Product Profile), Capex budget and business case
• Provide day-to-day oversight of the industrialisation aspects of the product/ project
• Actively participate in cross-functional planning and management of the project, including the integrated project plan
• Develop the operational strategies and gain functional buy-in to project plans
• Manage any project issues to successful close
• Participate in product design definition throughout the product lifecycle.
• Work with the R&D Team Members to ensure there is alignment between the product and process regarding DFX objectives.
• Lead the process component of product risk management and ensure that identified control measures are integrated into the manufacturing process appropriately.
• Engage with functional management to gain alignment on deliverables
• Lead and provide direction to the extended team members
• Represent the operations function at New Product Development meetings.
Interested applicants should have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a science
• A formal project management qualification
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience within the medical device industry with operational exposure
• Must have strong product development experience in the medical device industry, working with R&D to introduce new products
• Must have experience of automated equipment in a new product development environment
• Must be an excellent communicator and be comfortable presenting to senior management
• Must have the ability to manage concurrent priorities.
• Must possess good attention to detail and flexibility of approach.
• Must work well as part of a team
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to meet strict deadlines