On behalf of our client, a leading global pharmaceutical/healthcare company, we are currently recruiting for a Patient Partnership Lead. This is a maternity contract cover role . Job Description
As Patient Partnership Lead you are an enthusiastic patient advocate, you ensure scientific collaboration with Patient Groups and understand and integrate the patient perspective into the teams where required. Purpose
The Patient Partnership Lead is the Primary Relationship Manager with patient organisations to ensure that the patient voice is embedded across the Irish affiliate.
Acting as the internal patient advocate to ensure meaningful, scientific collaboration with Patient Organisations and generating an increased level of understanding and integration of the patient perspective Key Tasks Patient Engagement and Partnership with Communities
- Lead patient partnerships to ensure patients have the best possible experience with company and treatments.
- Drive a patient-centric approach by representing the voice of the patient internally - ensure that patients perspectives are embedded consistently across the Irish affiliate.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the landscape of patients organisations, identifying their key strategic priorities, unmet needs and opportunities to partner.
- Define strategic patient engagement plan (strategy and execution), proactively seeking input from other functions, including but not limited to policy and communications.
- Develop mutually beneficial, respectful and trusting relationships with patient organisations.
- Collaborate and support teams /other internal stakeholders to create and maintain relationships with patient organisations in line with the Patient Partnership strategy.
- Co-create opportunities for sustainable partnerships with patient organisations.
- Support patient advocacy projects through collaboration with patient organisations.
- Initiate early engagement to build relationships with patient organisations, well in advance of product approval.
- Communicate key milestones throughout the product lifecycle with patient organisations.
- Act as a catalyst to propose and facilitate engagements between patient organisations and the company, providing advice and support to squads.
- Drive understanding of the patient perspective and ensure that all opportunities are realised to embed this understanding across the squads.
- Co-create disease awareness and other initiatives to support patients needs, supporting capability building where appropriate.
- Ensure cross-functional input and excellence around projects and initiatives.
- Have responsibility and oversight for how we interact with patient organisations.
- Act in line with legal, regulatory and company standards and codes of practice (such as Company Code of Conduct and any other company directives and guidelines) and including all local policies related to HCP/patient engagement, IPHA guidelines etc.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Linda on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail LDunne@thornshaw.com Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671
- Educated to min Degree level in Science or Medicine
- Min 3 years industry based experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills