Performance Test Engineer
Permanent Our client use cutting-edge technology & other digital platforms to transform finance.
Role Purpose and responsibilities:
- The company is a fast-growing, global company founded by a team of experts in trade finance and enterprise software.
- Expanding on their Dublin HQ, our client also has offices in London, Singapore, and operations in Germany and the US.
- Powered by distributed ledger technology, their API-driven platform provides a more connected, secure platform for facilitating the movement of assets and credit around the world.
Skills & Requirements: (5 years in depth performance testing)
- The QA Performance Engineer will collaborate with TradeIX Architects, Developers, Business Analysts and other Software QA Engineers to provide the most connected and secured Trade Finance platform infrastructure for banks, asset managers, B2B networks and value-added service providers.
- Working closely with Dev/ QA Engineers, Architects & Business Analysts in understanding performance requirements.
- Executing performance testing, interpreting test results to isolate performance issues and bottlenecks.
- Adopting Fail Fast/ Shift Left practices ensuring early, clear and continuous feedback on performance to cross functional teams and other interested stakeholders.
- Investigate, evaluate & introduce appropriate tools, technologies & techniques for performance testing.
- Understand and improve platform architecture identifying and eliminating performance bottlenecks.
- Previously designed, implemented a framework for automating the execution, analysis and reporting of performance testing.
- Experience troubleshooting performance issues, isolating bottlenecks and performance tuning of system. (C# skills and experience with code profiling would be an advantage).
- Ability to understand performance requirements and translate into detailed performance test plans, test scripts and associated data to ensure adequate coverage.
- Good understanding of cloud/ micro service architecture.
- Experience working with containers and orchestration platforms (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes).
- A good understanding of object-oriented programming and design concepts, practical experience in at least one programming language (python, c#, java).
- Excellent Unix\ Linux OS knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with SQL and relational databases.
- BSc in Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative within a Kanban-oriented team or traditional SCRUM/ QA team structure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.