Purchasing Team Lead with 5 years managing purchasing teams. Galway city.
- Responsible for the performance management of the team, ensuring that goals are set and that team members receive relevant and timely feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Organising the workload for the team and ensuring that the right resources are available and trained to the highest standard.
- Responsible for the Induction and training of new team members ensuring that the highest levels of training are delivered and measured.
- Drive Continuous Improvement to streamline processes and implement IT/SAP functionality that will increase efficiencies to improve our customer’s experience.
- Establish KPI’s and reporting that delivers clear data on the performance of the Purchasing team. Actions coming from those KPI results are used to measurably improve our customers’ experience.
- Maintain and grow personal knowledge and skills, technical and / or product knowledge.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in the purchasing, or purchasing related field, and ideally would possess a relevant purchasing qualification (APICS/CIPS, degree). Knowledge of MRP II computer systems is preferable and in particular SAP would be a significant advantage as it forms a major part of the supply chain.
- Demonstrated success in managing and coordinating a multi-skilled team in performance and productivity.
- A proven record of delivering exceptional Supply Chain service.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart. firstname.lastname@example.org 091706712
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!