The primary role
of the Adult Services Sector Manager
is to lead
and develop the services
in assigned locations in a manner which accords with the ethos
and policies of the Brothers of Charity Services Ireland.
The appointee will be a proactive member of the West Region senior management team and will contribute significantly to the strategic planning and further expansion of the West Region.
The person appointed will be required to have a clear understanding and commitment to the role of Adult Services Sector Manager and in that regard to provide active leadership through which the mission of the Brothers of Charity can be supported and further developed in his/her area of responsibility. The role requires strong leadership and governance together with a commitment to enabling, empowering and inspiring people to live fully inclusive lives, ensuring that appropriate high quality individualized person centred supports are in place for individuals supported by the Services. Job Function: (Full job description available on request)
- Be responsible for the overall development, management and administration of all direct services in the assigned Adult Services.
- Oversee the operation of services in the assigned Adult Services and support Area Managers/Team Leaders in managing their services. Carry out in a devolved manner many of the functions of the Director of Services for the West Region in the management of services in the assigned Adult Services for decisions on admissions, discharges and transfers.
- Report to the Director of Services West Region and work closely with the Director of Services in the realisation of the strategic development of the region.
- Be a pro-active member of the West Region Management Team which is charged with the overall management of services in the Region.
- Chair the Sector Team meetings and take overall responsibility for service development and management of the day-to-day operations of the services in the sector and resources allocated by the Director of Services to fund the sector’s services in accordance with agreed policies and governance requirements. The Sector Management Team will discuss issues of mutual concern and in particular issues that cannot be resolved at service community level including planning for and prioritizing future sector developments.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Services and play a proactive role in the regional amalgamation process. Participate in future strategic planning and the ongoing development of the West Region.
Each candidate for the appointment must possess:
- A relevant third level qualification.
- Five years relevant management experience at a senior level ideally in the provision of services to people with intellectual disability and/or similar disability/community and social services.
- Experience through their work of enabling empowering and inspiring individuals to live independent and meaningful lives and to be at the centre of all decisions relating to their life.
- Excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills together with up-to-date knowledge of current thinking and practice in Services for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- It is essential that the successful candidate work effectively within a dynamic team environment, using a person-centred philosophy.
- Budgetary/financial and employee relations experience essential.
A full clean driving license is an essential requirement of this post. The person appointed will be required to provide their own transport during the duration of the employment and will be paid travel expenses at the appropriate rates in respect of travel necessarily performed in the discharge of his/her duties. The base for this purpose will be the location to which the appointee is assigned.
Our Services are undergoing ongoing transformation to address the changing needs of the people we support. It is essential that the successful candidate holds an open, adaptable attitude to changing work environments and work requirements.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran. firstname.lastname@example.org (091) 706710
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!