Retail Manager for HR job Galway
On behalf of my client, Excel Recruitment are searching for an experienced retail manager who has a passion for Human Resource Management. My client is based in the North Galway and is within a commutable distance from Co Mayo.
If you are an experienced retail manager and accountable for employee training and you are the point of contact for HR queries among your team within a retail or customer-facing environment, this could be an ideal opportunity to develop experience as a HR Manager in a busy and fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be the point of contact for over 150 employees, responsible for employee training, recruitment, appraisals and general HR administration. The successful candidate will also have operational responsibilities, such as shop minding which includes weekends. This role offers great exposure to managing HR in a fast-paced environment with a large employee headcount, job security as the business is listed as essential business, and a chance to manage the HR function for the biggest independently owned supermarket in West of Ireland. The salary on offer is between €40-45,000k per DOE
Responsibilities for this HR Job:
- Payroll management, ensuring overtime and the working time act is being adhered to
- General HR admin, ensuring employee records are correctly filed and training logs are being kept updated
- Attend weekly management meetings and use this forum to discuss HR topics and agenda for the business
- Resource talent planning and talent spotting for the business
- Auditing and ensuring general H&S records are kept updated and on file
- Conduct employee appraisals, performance management reviews, investigations and grievances when needed
- General operations of the store, opening and closing duties will be expected, ensuring the store is fully replenished and merchandised for the following day
Requirements for this Human Resource job :
- Minimum 3 years experience in a fast-paced retail environment, either as a senior manager with HR duties or a HR Manager looking for a new challenge in retail
- Effective time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication & people management experience
- Due to the nature of retail, the successful candidate will be expected to work weekdays and weekends, 43-hour working week.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are interested in this HR job,
please send a CV below for the attention of Sean Thomas, Senior HR Recruitment Consultant in Excel Recruitment.
Excel Recruitment is an awarding recruitment agency that now specialises in HR recruitment. We source professional HR candidates for both permanent and temporary recruitment needs across Ireland.