A Principal Design Automation Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Athlone based client. The Principal Design Automation Engineer is directly involved in the application and dissemination of best practices for improving productivity, quality, or other measure of performance through automation and supports the development of strategies for automation that provide a road map to search for these improvements. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
* Champions a common-sense approach to automation projects using the USA principle.
* Leads a program to search for improvements through USA principles and strategies for automation creating an improvements/automation roadmap which feeds into RGI's capital assets budgeting for the next two years.
* Manages mission critical automation projects through their typical lifecycle for legacy products and new product development projects.
* Provides guidance to RGI manufacturing sites on automation strategies, best practices and project lifecycle3 workstream.
* Provides subject matter expertise to RGI and vendor automation related stakeholders as appropriate and performs test, debugging and troubleshooting activities on mission critical automation systems.
* Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
* May specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
* Procures and manages vendors involved on mission critical automation projects (contracts, performance, payments).
* Ensures delivered automation systems adhere to applicable domestic and international standards as well as to company and manufacturing site's EHS policies and SOP's.
- Understand the existing process, Simplify the process, Automate the process.
- Quality, Cost Reduction, Capacity/Service.
- As per MITG Automation Manual (formation - technical reviews/DFX/PFMEA - RFP - RFQ - Vendor selection - CER - Kick off - design reviews - FAT - SAT - Closeout).
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) software engineering methods, theories and research techniques.
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline.
* A minimum of 10 years experience in a Medical Device or related industry, with demonstrated track record of leading Automation Systems development.
* Knowledgeable & experienced about Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic design, Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) - Allen Bradley, Pneumatic Systems, Motor Control, Vision Systems, and Instrumentation.
* Knowledgeable on project management of Automation Systems Development lifecycle.
* Knowledgeable and experienced on Design for Excellence (DFX) Principles and risk management methodologies such as PFMEA.
* Strong mechanical aptitude (understanding and using machines and tools).
* Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project.
* Effective verbal, non-verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Integrity.
* Six Sigma/Lean certified preferred.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.