FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Project Manager for a well established Irish Contractor on a high profile project in North West Scotland.
The project involves consists of pier extension (utilising an RC caisson), dredging of basin and surrounding area, reclamation, temporary works, demolition, upgraded fendering system including installation of fender piles, existing deck strengthening works, marshalling area construction along with M E, and pier and marshalling area furniture & services.
This Project Manager role requires the ability to deliver successful projects whilst considering and meeting the needs and objectives of the company, clients and various stakeholder groups.
The successful Project Manager candidate will be tasked with building and maintaining successful, cohesive, collaborative teams while demonstrating effective leadership skills.
Owing to the location of the project it will require working away from home on a roster. Key Responsibilities
- Deliver the works safely
- Complete understanding of all the project objectives: through the establishment of project targets with the Contracts Manager / Operations Director as appropriate
- Build, develop, support and maintain the team
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the client and all external parties
- Develop the tender programme into a construction programme
- Monitor progress with up to date programmes so that timely clear direction can be given to the team on critical construction/financial targets
- Development, Management and maintenance of Site Management Plan
- Identify and evaluate risks, determine and manage actions, maintain risk register
- Manage and control changes to scope, requirements, personnel etc.
- Monitor progress against cost plans, programmes and quality/environmental plans:
- Manage stakeholder engagement
- Develop and protect our sub-contractor relationships
- Manage the design elements
- Prepare and present project reports
- Liaise with line management re approval sand decisions at key stages
Key Competencies for the Role
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline
- M.Sc. desirable
- Project Manager qualification desirable
- Previous marine experience
- At least 10 years previous relevant experience
- Past experience with piling, concrete works, rock works and earthworks
- Knowledge of NEC Vol 4, Option A
- Technical and management abilities
- Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives
- Organisational skills
- Knowledge of the requirements of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of safety, quality, environmental and sustainability issues
- Ability to enable improvement and change
- Team leadership skills
- Business and commercial awareness
- Knowledge and experience of marine, civils and building engineering
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable - able to work within a fully integrated office-based department as well as with site-based teams
- Good communication skills and ability to instil a culture of collaboration.
Call Cormac in FRS Recruitment for details - 091 760 706