BONUS, CAR PARKING, LAPTOP, PENSION / PRSA, TRAINING / EDUCATION
My client an iconic Irish renewable's & utility service provider (encompassing electricity, heating, resource recovery, water, growing media and related service) are on a journey of transformation, innovation, sustainability and growth.
Currently recruiting for an Ecologists for their Energy Business Unit due to the growth of this part of the company.
Having adopted a new strategy of putting sustainable business, products and services at the heart of what they do, a career here offers great opportunities for those interested in working with cutting edge technologies in a company culture where you are empowered to think independently, be innovative and take the initiative!
As Ecologist you will be working as part of a team updating and assessing baseline ecological survey data, undertaking ecological survey's, preparing required and appropriate reports & plans as part of the company's accelerated and enhanced rehabilitation programmes.
Primarily based in the Midlands there will be travel to other locations required in the Ecologist job and in return you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package including pension, bonus, educational assistance and the opportunity to progress your career in an organisation that is forecasted to double in size over the next 10 years!
YOUR NEW JOB Some of the key elements of this exciting and varied Ecologist job will include:
* Develop site-specific rehabilitation plans for all bogs required to reflect the company's strategy verify the implementation of the rehabilitation works and measures in accordance with the agreed rehabilitation plans; monitor and track the success of rehabilitation projects;
* Undertake Appropriate Assessments for the purpose of the requirements of the Habitats Directive
* Engage with internal and external stakeholders to consult on and raise awareness of the peatland rehabilitation programme of work.
* Provide the required information and assistance needed for the company to fulfil its statutory and legal reporting obligations such as AER's
* Update ecological surveys to contribute to the company's eco-baseline dataset.
* Work with the wider ecology team to identify and assist in research initiatives and programmes
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU.
To hit the ground running in the Ecologist job a background in the planning/oversight of peatland rehabilitation would be highly beneficial as would proficiency in conducting ecological field surveys (ideally peatland) and appropriate assessments.
You will hold a Level 8 qualification in ecology or equivalent/similar and ideally have 5 years' relevant experience and GIS experience.
Finally, you will be naturally curious and have that pioneering mentality that drives an 'openness to new ways of doing things'.
Sound like your cup of tea?
If you're ready to apply right now - press the 'Apply' button and send in your CV in Word format. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours for an initial chat. Or if you just have some questions about the job or want to have a chat call Feargus on 086 020 2554 or connect with me on <http://bit.ly/2aNqmls>