Mechanical Design Engineer:
Our Client, a leading
designer and manufacturer of electronic motor controllers currently has a requirement for a Mechanical Design Engineer
. The engineer will have responsibility for working in a project team in an AS9100 environment carrying out design and development work in cooperation with a multi-national team on our motor controller and electrical actuation products. Role Responsibilities:
Develop Controller Packaging and associated documentation for Moog products in accordance to all relevant specifications, schedules and standards (e.g. Mil Std 810). This includes:
- Design and development of mechanical packaging from concept to medium scale production whilst ensuring that the product designs
- Meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets
- Complies with required regulatory standards
- Are designed for cost, manufacture & test (DFM &DFT)
- Liaising with a cross-functional team (PCB layout, manufacturing engineer, QA) to facilitate the design process
- Liaising with multi-national design team to develop product specifications
- Selection of suitable materials and their suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluation of new technologies and design trade-offs.
- Participation in internal & international design reviews
- Work closely with suppliers of mechanical parts
- Generate CAD files for production, suppliers
- Engineering Change Order generation
- Primary Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years relevant experience in mechanical design, particularly involving packaging of power electronics
- Familiar with design for manufacture (DFM) principles
- Proficient in the use of 3D design software (eg NX / Solidworks)
- Experience of sheet metal and castings designs
- Self-motivation, initiative and drive
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes. email@example.com 021-4911066
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!