Manufacturing Engineer Role Location: North East Region Role Type: Permanent
FRS Recruitment are working with a leading multi national in the louth area to source a mechanical manufacturing engineer. We are looking to speak with degree qualified candidates that have prior experience in working in either a manufacturing or phrama environment. This would ideally suit someone with 2-5 years experience, good salary and benefits on offer.
Key Deliverable: Provide day to day engineering support to the production line with specific responsibility for meeting the weekly % Overall Equipment Effectiveness targets, Production Output and Key Performance Indicators.
Drive continuous improvements in %OEE through set-up time reduction, minimising minor stoppages and through an effective preventative maintenance programme.
Assist with developing and implementing the line capacity & layout strategies:
* Collect data on the causes of production line stoppages (additional to set ups), analyse the root causes and implement permanent corrective actions.
*Lead problem solving activities associated with product quality, process and equipment issues.
*Use Statistical methodologies in conjunction with TPM, OEE & 5S tools and techniques to drive deficiencies.
* Apply statistical methodologies in analysing cause & effect relationships to the issues that cause inefficiencies.
* Implement mechanical systems to improve equipment and production methods to reduce set-up times.
* Develop, maintain and carry out the Preventative Maintenance programme in the production area.
* Develop the production area layout using CAD tools.
* Optimise the methodologies and efficiencies for all manual packaging and identify the associated direct labour times and costs.
* Challenge any unsafe behaviours, at all levels of the business and amongst contractors, suppliers and visitors
* Maintain a high focus on Continuous Improvement initiatives
. * Identify areas for improvement including designing, procurement, installing, programming and testing.
* Implement autonomous maintenance programme through operator training.
* Analyse poor/declining performance and implement effective and sustainable solutions, through Daily Operation Review meetings and Multi-disciplinary team meetings.
* Maintain all documentation in relation to ATEX equipment, COSHH register, Risk Assessments and Confined Space Register.
* Operate the Permit to Work system ensuring all contractors supply job specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) taking into consideration any high-risk activities.
* Fully engage in Hazard Awareness reporting and actioning where appropriate.
Provide technical cover to enable extending production to a second shift during peak demand seasons.
This really is a fabulous company to work for, you will never want to leave. Apply now.